Latest Posts :

The smell of camellia oil in the air :


Although I am not a fan of sumo wrestling, I was told that they smell very sweet whenever you are near them. Since I have never been to a sumo match, I was fortunate to have crossed path with a few sumo wrestlers on their off training days in local cities and markets. I do agree; sumos do smell great. So what is that sweet smelling aroma? It is call tea seed oil (camellia oil) that sumo wrestlers use to style their hair in a top-knot Tokoyama tradition before a bout. In addition to sumo wrestlers, geisha use tea oil as well to smooth and condition their hair for many centuries.


Tea seed oil is cold-pressed mainly from the seeds of Camellia oleifera, Camellia sinensis or Camellia japonica. It is bottled up in a pale amber-green fixed oil with a sweet, herbal aroma. Tea seed oil resembles olive oil and grape seed oil enriched with vitamin E and is low in saturated fat. You would think tea oil is edible. Well, it is. If you ever eaten tempura, you have tasted tea seed oil. Among culinary uses, tea seed oil can be found in industrial such as manufacturing of soaps, paints, and lubricants.


What is in a hairstyle for sumo wrestlers? It is of great importance. The type of hairstyles worn for wrestlers are for ranking. There are two types: chonmage and oichomage. The latter style is only to be worn for top division wrestlers, while to first is for all wrestlers. Chonmage were first introduced in the Edo era and is favored by samurai. It was originally a method of using hair to hold a samurai's helmet steady during battles. In modern times, the status symbol carries on by sumo wrestlers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Author: Ducsu is our is our regular contributor and co-author from Japan. He enjoy writing random articles based on his hobby, lifestyle and technology.  He is the Author and founder of Ducsu.com which was established way back in 2006 . You can visit his website at www.ducsu.com or contact him at info@ducsu.com .                    






Share this article :

+ comments + 10 comments

Anonymous
6 December 2012 at 14:04

Wow, this post is pleasant, my younger sister is
analyzing such things, therefore I am going to let know her.
Also visit my site ; uggs on sale

Anonymous
19 December 2012 at 19:26

Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post!
It is the little changes that make the greatest changes. Thanks a lot for
sharing!
My weblog :: モンクレール

Anonymous
19 December 2012 at 22:33

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article!
It's the little changes that produce the largest changes. Many thanks for sharing!
Check out my web page www.linkdatei.de

Anonymous
20 December 2012 at 06:29

Hi there, I do believe your blog may be having
browser compatibility problems. Whenever I look at your web site in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening
in IE, it's got some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other than that, wonderful website!
My page アグ ブーツ

Anonymous
30 December 2012 at 16:31

Direct download link (for MS Windows):. The phone is pre-loaded with the
Java games in addition to animated wallpapers.
:p or :-p Tongue Sticking Out.
Take a look at my web-site ; sexchat

Anonymous
2 January 2013 at 02:11

This informatіоn is ωοгth
еvеryone's attention. When can I find out more?
Also visit my web page - colon cleanse center nyc

Anonymous
2 January 2013 at 06:37

Hello there, I found your website by way of Google at the same time as looking for a similar matter, your web site got here up, it seems to be good.
I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hello there, simply turned into aware of your weblog through Google, and located that it's really informative.

I'm going to be careful for brussels. I will appreciate when you continue this in future. Lots of folks can be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
Review my blog post - tiffany outlet

5 January 2013 at 22:26

Thanks for the pleasant feedback and suggestions . By the way, revealing your nickname is not a crime. :-) hehe

Anonymous
16 January 2013 at 06:25

Hеlpful informаtіοn.
Fortunate mе I found уour web sіte accidentallу, and I am
stunnеd whу this coinciԁence diԁ not hаρрened earlier!
I bоokmarked it.
Also visit my page : http://www.amandaholliday.com/

27 March 2013 at 21:46

Your blog is so good, thanks to share this article, really its so good.
Moving To London | Moving To Paris

Post a Comment

 
❒Home | ⚑ Privacy Policy | 卍Terms-Conditions | ✉Contact Us
Copyright © 2011. KakaruKoireng .Com™ - All Rights Reserved
☣Designed by: Creating Website | Published by: Mas Template
Proudly powered by:Blogger